Friday, June 2, 2017

Spotlight: Mature Content by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell (Review+Excerpt)

Mature Content
By Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell
Cyberlove Series
Book 4



My life plan is to be brutally honest all the way to the bank. Don't believe me? I run a popular YouTube channel called TrashyZane, and my claim to fame is oversharing about every aspect of my personal life. Sometimes while tipsy. Not everyone loves my style, but I have a long history of icing out people who can't handle me. I have no time for judgmental foolishness.

Except, apparently, when it comes to Beau Starr. His channel is the polar opposite of mine, and so is he. Wholesome, inspirational, and clean-cut. Everything about him should turn me off, but when we hook up following a confrontation at a convention, my world flips upside down. Not only does Beau Starr turn me on, he uses the exact combination of dirty talk and roughness needed to turn me out.

But we still hate each other. I think.



TEASER QUOTES


“I'll show you there’s a reason I don’t blast my sex life all over YouTube.”

“I think you’ve had guys turn you out and make you drool, but I don’t think you’ve ever had the kind of sex that you don’t even want to talk about, because you’re scared it was all a dream.”

He tasted like alcohol, pop rocks, and bad decisions.

There was a part of me, a large part, that wanted him to fuck me until I sobbed. Trouble was… I absolutely despised him. And I'd hate myself after.

Beau's roughness with his blatant need combined into a call I couldn't help but answer,

“You couldn't turn me out even if I drew you a diagram."

"He fucked me so good I almost forgot I hated him,"

What would it be like to kiss Zane without the hang-up of sex? Just a press of the lips, a brief taste. Did he kiss slow? Fast?

Zane: :D Aw Beau baby, you really do have a heart behind all those Crest White Strips. (TEXT EXCHANGE)

EXCERPT


I shifted closer to him, and, like an invisible rope was pulling us together, he leaned into me, until I could feel his breath and the heat from his body. I cupped his face, rubbing my thumb over the corner of his lip, then closed the distance between us to press a soft kiss to his lips. I didn’t control this kiss, and neither did he. It was an equal give and take, a push and pull of our tongues, our breaths, as our hands grasped each other’s faces, hair, skin.
Every time with Zane had been a rush to get off, but this time, I wanted to explore his mouth, to enjoy the kiss without it being foreplay. It was the main attraction to moan into Zane’s mouth, to feel his soft, huffed breaths.
When I pulled away, I was dizzy, and Zane’s eyes were glazed, his lips wet and puffy. I was terrified at what I felt in that moment, how much I wanted to fall back into the kiss, to not worry about what anyone thought, or how Beau Starr would be forever changed if word got out he’d fallen for TrashyZane.
And in this car with Los Angeles spread out before us, I didn’t want to think about anything but the messy, long-haired boy who’d managed to loosen my tongue and just about every other part of me. “I kinda like you, Zane. A lot.”
His eyelids fell to half-mast. “I like you too, Beau. A lot.”




5 Stars

I absolutely fell in love with Beau in Hard Wired and I couldn't wait to get to read his story. I wasn't so sure about Zane, but as we get to know the real man behind the TrashyZane persona, it was impossible not to fall in love with him, as well. I loved watching the layers fall away and getting to really know Beau and Zane. Both young men have trust issues, but what starts out as hate sex slowly leads to the walls they've built around themselves cracking and the two falling in love.

This was a great enemies to lovers story. I loved the premise of the story and the execution. While both characters have a distinct personality, the writing style of both authors is indistinguishable throughout out the story and the collaboration flows seamlessly.

The story is well-written and paced well. I loved the gradual move from the hate sex to actual lovers. The progression felt natural. The chemistry between Beau and Zane is undeniable and when they finally fall into bed, it's explosive. The sex was dirty and kinky and so so hot!! The banter between Beau and Zane whether via text or actual conversation was witty and funny. The storyline with Beau's ex added a stomach knotting drama and I loved watching Beau tell that twat off. This was a fabulous addition to an awesome series. I loved getting to see Jesse and Ian and I can't wait to see whose story is next. Highly recommended!!

* Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. *


ABOUT SANTINO HASSELL:



Santino Hassell was raised by a conservative family, but he was anything but traditional. He grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, then a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into an unlikely romance author.

Santino writes queer romance that is heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, his belief that human relationships are complex and flawed, and his own life experiences.

www.santinohassell.com
Santino@santinohassell.com
https://twitter.com/SantinoHassell
https://www.facebook.com/santinohassellbooks
https://www.goodreads.com/santino_hassell
amazon.com/author/santinohassell

ABOUT MEGAN ERICKSON





Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized personality. When Megan isn't writing, she's either lounging with her two cats named after John Hughes characters or... thinking about writing.

For more, visit meganerickson.org

Website: www.meganerickson.org
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2qHcnD2
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MeganErickson_
IG: https://www.instagram.com/meggiejoknows/
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1440306062901719/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/authormeganerickson/

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/mrsmeggiejo/

No comments:

Post a Comment