Friday, June 9, 2017

Book Review: Mature Content by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell

Mature Content
By Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell
Cyberlove Series
Book 4


My life plan is to be brutally honest all the way to the bank. Don't believe me? I run a popular YouTube channel called TrashyZane, and my claim to fame is oversharing about every aspect of my personal life. Sometimes while tipsy. Not everyone loves my style, but I have a long history of icing out people who can't handle me. I have no time for judgmental foolishness.

Except, apparently, when it comes to Beau Starr. His channel is the polar opposite of mine, and so is he. Wholesome, inspirational, and clean-cut. Everything about him should turn me off, but when we hook up following a confrontation at a convention, my world flips upside down. Not only does Beau Starr turn me on, he uses the exact combination of dirty talk and roughness needed to turn me out.

But we still hate each other. I think.




5 Stars!!!

Beau strives to keep his YouTube persona as clean as possible, being the most perfect version of himself that he can be, even if he might come across as a bit fake to others because of that. Zane, on the other hand, is all about keeping it honest and being as real as he can be, shamelessly sharing every aspect of his life with his followers. When they meet again following a confrontation at a convention, they both realize that the other is their perfect sexual counterpart, but that doesn't mean that they will stop hating each other, does it? 

We met Beau Starr in Hard Wired and saw a few glimpses of his archnemesis Trashy Zane, it was obvious they had chemistry since then, but seeing it all unfold from their point of view? Damn, hatesex and enemies-to-lovers have never been hotter!!! *fans self* They couldn't have been more different and yet, they complemented each other perfectly. It was great seeing their hate evolve into more as they got to know the other. I have to admit Zane was my favorite of the two, there was just something about him that I found endearing. I loved Beau, but the fact that he allowed his parents and his need to be perfect to control him so much made me want to scream. He kept asking things from Zane and didn't give as much back, but at least he finally did what he needed to do.


All in all, this book was a fantastic addition to the series! I loved catching up with Jesse and Ian and I adored Beau and Zane, the collaboration between Megan and Santino was seamless and stellar, as always! This book was lighter on the angst than the previous ones, but not for that was it less intense, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for things to come to a head and wow, if it wasn't explosive when it happened. 

Highly recommendable!!!

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***




No comments:

Post a Comment